Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cordiality

There's no special reason
to write today.
Nothing exciting to write about.

Just a day off from work
I didn't get up early
I woke up with a cat
on my stomach and got coffee
and shook some hands
and talked about coffee
and shook some more hands
and talked about the weather
and the heat and the weekend
and then rode off racing down the street
and marveled the Hyperion hills
or Silver Lake hills or whatever
and heard about a friend's good
news and talked about love
and drank water and talked about
relationships how do you know
if it's you or the other person or
just the essence of relationships
don't know me either, but on to
the hypocrisy of parents
and the merits of gambling.
Again, nothing special
to write
about.

Then someone backed into my scooter
and yelled about
my parking space this
my parking space that
I thought
I could say fuck you
but it wouldn't be worth it
so I made sure my scooter
would ride and said
lady it's okay move on
and finished the cup of water
I'd been drinking
and shook some more hands.
Oh I forgot to mention
I looked at sunglasses.
Oh well
nothing special.